Five meals to make for a fruit and nut diet can be creative and simple or a bit more complex according to your lifestyle. Fruit and nut diets have gained popularity with the awareness of active health initiatives. Fruit purists have also made meals of out eating only one raw fruit all day. Typically, the fruit is the same fruit eaten throughout the day, such as eating watermelon sections for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This diet is known as a mono-fruit diet and is meant to be energizing as well as cleansing. Nuts, a great source of fiber and vitamins, are also prominent in health diets. These two foods, although minimalist and low maintenance, pack an energetic punch when combined or eaten in the right way. Most fruits offer fluid and water and while nuts stow roughage, while both food items help the body eliminate wastes. Who says that fruit and nut meals have to be boring? Creative ideas for meals make fruit and nut meals appetizing, appealing and refreshing. The next best advantage in a fruit and nut diet is these food items are highly portable, convenient and nearly every store in the world carries fruit and/or nuts.
Breakfast Apple & Blueberries With Date Pecan Coconut Granola
- Mature coconut
- Whole or chopped pecans
- Chop apples with or without skin.
- Mix apples with blueberries in a small bowl.
- Chop raw or dried dates.
- Grate meat of mature coconut. Set aside.
- Mix dates and coconut with chopped/whole pecans and sprinkle over apple and blueberry mix.
- For a baked alternative, put the apples and blueberries in a small baking pan with a one-third cup of water. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with date/coconut/pecan mix.
Lunch Peanut Butter Booster
- Creamy or chunky commercial peanut butter
- Chop dates.
- Mix chopped dates with creamy or chunky peanut butter.
- Spread date/peanut butter on wedges of apples, pears and banana for a fruity, open-faced peanut butter sandwich without the bread.
Dinner with Chilled Mango Soup
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1 lime
- Ginger root
- Blend three ripe mangoes in a blender.
Squeeze juice of one lime into the blender.
- Add two cups of water.
Grate a teaspoon of ginger root straight into the mixture. Blend together well.
- Serve in a bowl at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Desert Frozen Banana Split
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 banana
- Chopped almonds
- Blend frozen bananas to a thick, chilled ice cream consistency with a blender.
- Spoon frozen banana "ice cream" over one whole banana.
- Sprinkle strawberries and blueberries over the banana.
- Garnish the banana split with almonds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."