Want to know about Flagyl side effects? The benefits of Flagyl will often outweigh the side effects. After all, when faced with an infection you're typically more concerned with eradicating the intruding bacteria than dealing with a few mild, temporary discomforts. However, some complications that occur with Flagyl (a brand name for the antibiotic metronidazole) may be severe enough to make you want to discontinue the drug, and in rare cases they can be dangerous or even deadly. Here are some of the risks associated with Flagyl.
- Darker urine While this Flagyl side effect may cause you to do a double-take in the restroom, dark, brownish urine is normal with this drug and won't cause any problems.
- Stomach upset This can include nausea, stomach discomfort or throwing up.
- Diarrhea While taking Flagyl you may notice loose, watery stools and an increased need to "go."
- Constipation This drug can also cause the opposite of diarrhea and make you constipated.
- Appetite loss If you're trying to lose weight, you may consider this Flagyl side effect more of a perk. Loss of appetite can sometimes occur with this drug, and in most cases does not signify anything serious.
- Changes in taste You might sense an unappetizing taste in your mouth, remniscent of metal.
- Tingling and numbness In some cases, patients taking Flagyl will feel numb or tingling sensations in the extremites (hands and feet).
- More serious side effects Some Flagyl side effects are considered to be potentially serious, and a physician should be notified if they occur. These include alterd vision, severe headaches, rashes, strange bleeding or bruising, fever or stopped-up nose, pain in the joints, itchy skin or stiff neck.
- Prolonged use Using Flagyl for an extended period of time can result in a fungal infection of the mouth or vaginal area (thrush or yeast infection, respectively).
- Allergies Some people are allergic to Flagyl. Symptoms of allergic reaction include breathing problems and itchy, rashy skin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?