Flat Belly Diet Recipes
These Flat Belly Diet recipes will help you to lose that belly and slim down. The Flat Belly Diet is based on eating foods with monounsaturated fatty acids in each meal. Use these recipes to make planning your meals and sticking to the diet easy.
Flat Belly Diet Southwestern Shrimp Pizza
- 1 thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 8 oz. med. shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- pinch ground red pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced and drained
- 1/2 med sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp canned diced mild green chiles, rinced and drained
- 2 oz reduced fat shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 med firm-ripe avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place crust on baking sheet.
- Mix shrimp with cumin and ancho.
- Spread tomato sauce on crust and sprinkle with red pepper. Top with rest of toppings except avocado.
- Bake for 20 minutes until shrimp are done.
- Top with avocado.
Flat Belly Diet Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed organic flaxseed oil.
- Place milk and blueberries in a blender and blend for one minute.
- Transfer to glass and stir in flaxseed oil.
Chicken Picatta for the Flat Belly Diet
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4Tbsp olive oil
- juice from 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp capers, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lay tenders on flat surface and pound thin with anything heavy you can find. Dredge in the flour.
- In large skillet, heat oil until sizzling. Place chicken in skillet and cook for two minutes per side.
- Add lemon juice, parsley and capers. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer for two minutes. Season to taste with pepper.
Flat Belly Diet Popcorn
- 12 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Spread popcorn and cashews on baking sheet
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and place chips in a small bowl. Set chips over the boiling water and stir until chips are melted. With a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn. Let cool until chocolate sets.
Flat Belly Apple Smoothie
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 6 oz. vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- handful of ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for one minute or until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass.