If you live in Florida, you may realize that there have been changes to the driver's license renewals, so it's in your best interest to learn about Florida drivers license renewal online. If you don't know what to do it may hold up the process of renewing your drivers license and you could possible go past the expiration date. Here is some information about Florida drivers license renewal online.
What you need:
- Computer with Internet connection
- Personal information such as SSN and DOB
- Florida drivers license
- Visit the DMV online. The first thing you want to do is to see if you are eligible for a Florida drivers license renewal online. You will visit the Florida DMV online and navigate to driver's license renewal.
- Enter your information. You will be at the GoNew area of the site for your Florida drivers license renewal online. There, you will accept the driver privacy protection act warning and proceed.
- Locate your records. This is the area of Florida drivers license renewal online where you will enter your driver's license number, your social security number and date of birth. You cannot complete this area if you don't already have a Florida drivers license.
- Overview. The DMV online site will now locate your records. If it finds your records then you will see if you are eligible for Florida drivers license renewal online. If you are not, you will have to visit the DMV in person. Click continue to proceed if you are eligible.
- Update your information. You will now need to update your e-mail address and mailing address. This is so that your drivers license can be correct when it is ready to mail.
- Choose services. Now you will choose the service for Florida drivers license renewal online. You will see a fee and will have to pay that fee with a credit card before you can proceed further. Once you have chosen to renew you can proceed to the checkout area. Now you can pay for your new drivers license and you're all set.
You may or may not be able to use the Florida drivers license renewal online system depending on a few factors. If you have had an expired license for a year then you cannot renew online. Also, if you are newly married or have had any type of name change you will not be eligible for the Florida drivers license renewal online system.