Need a flour dumpling recipe? Well-made flour dumplings are both tender and hearty, and make a great side dish or an addition to a winter soup or stew. Try eating them topped in butter, grated parmesan cheese, in cooked greens or, in a hearty chicken soup.
To make flour dumplings, gather these ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, separated
- chicken stock or water to cook the flour dumplings
To make the flour dumplings, follow the steps below:
- Sift the flour, salt and pepper together into a medium sized bowl.
- Make an indentation in the flour, and slowly pour in the melted butter and the yolks of the eggs.
- Use a wooden spoon to gradually blend the egg yolk mixture with the flour. Mix until the egg mixture is totally incorporated.
- Gradually add the whites of the eggs, stirring just until blended. Be sure not to overblend, as this can cause your flour dumplings to be tough. The dough should be soft, but workable.
- Put the water or chicken stock on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Break off bits of dough about the size of marbles and roll into balls. Handle the dough gently, to prevent the flour dumpling dough from becoming tough.
- Add the dough balls to the boiling liquid a few at a time. Do not add too many to the pot at once, or, the flour dumplings could stick.
- When the flour dumplings rise to the top, they are ready. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm in the oven until all of the dumplings are completely cooked.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.