Fluoxetine Side Effects
Fluoxetine side effects can be pretty serious. But, considering the ailments that Fluoxetine was designed to treat, you could imagine that Fluoxetine would be some powerful stuff. Fluoxetine, which is better known as Prozac or Sarafem, is used in treating depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder. In other words, Fluoxetine helps to alter someone's mind state. That's no small feat. And the potential side effects associated with using a drug like Fluoxetine aren't small either. Check these out.
- Nervousness, sweating, and shaking. Fluoxetine has been known to cause people to lose a degree of control over their bodies in this manner. The drug is a mind altering drug however. These symptoms can be a direct result of tampering with someone's mind.
- Dry mouth, sore throat, drowsiness, weakness, and nausea. What needs to be said about these side effects? They're pretty self explanatory. Though they can cause annoyance, these aren't the worst of them.
- Weight loss, change and or loss of appetite. These particular side effects are pretty common in a lot of drugs. Though if you experience them, you need to carefully monitor the changes. See a doctor if they become excessive.
- Change in sex drive and ability. Some people have reported having an increase in their sex drive. Others, on the other hand, have said that they've actually lost the desire to have sex. If you're taking Fluoxetine, you may have to cross your fingers on this particular side effect.
- The severe stuff. These particular side effects aren't a game. If you have any of these you need to tell a doctor as soon as possible. Stuff like swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, fever, hives, rash, trouble breathing, seizures and hallucinations have been reported to happen to certain folks. If you get any of these side effects, a doctor needs to know.