Make sure your day on the water is a good one by following these fly fishing safety tips for beginners. As with any sport or activity, nothing can take the place of plain old common sense, but following a few well known safety tips can also help. Before you start your day fishing make sure you have all you need to make it a fun and safe one.
- Dress for the worst possible weather. In other words, always be prepared for any kind of weather. If you have too much clothing on, you can always take it off, but if you don't have it at all you are out of luck.
- Bring lots of liquid and food. You never know how long you are going to be out there so make sure you have water and food to keep your stomach full and hydrated. This is an important safety tip for all anglers.
- Wear a life jacket. This is an important safety tip if you are going to be out fly fishing from a boat. Everyone should be wearing a life jacket that fits. This includes both children and adults.
- Only fish in areas where it is permitted. If areas have been deemed off limits for fishing there is a good reason for it. It may be to protect the wildlife, or for your safety. This safety tip should not be ignored.
- Use a wading belt. If you are wearing waist or chest waders, an important safety factor is wearing a wading belt. This will keep you from running into a situation where you are filling up with water, which can be very dangerous.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.