Fly Fishing Tackle
Fly fishing tackle is all the equipment that is used by fly anglers. There is an extensive list of tackle that is used for fly fishing. This list included the basics to get you fishing, along with some of the extra's that anglers enjoy using.
- Fly rods Fly rods are the fishing rods used in fly fishing. They are specially designed to cast fly lines and flies. Fly fishing rods come in many different sizes and weights. The type of rod used depends on the type of fish the angler is trying to catch.
- Fly reels. Fly reels are attached to the fly rods and used to store the line. The reel is rotated by hand to pick up the slack in the line.
- Fly line The fly line is the part of the fly fishing tackle that is used to cast the fly into the water. They are a specialized fishing line specifically for fly fishing made out of a synthetic material. Fly lines come in different weights, and tapers. The buoyancy of the line also indicated if it will sink quickly or float on the water.
- Terminal Tackle. Terminal tackle is all the things that are used to attach the fly line to the fly. These fly fishing tackle items include tapered leaders, and level leaders with sink tips, tippets, and strike indicators.
- Knot tying tools. This tackle consists of items used in the tying of fly fishing knots. There are many different types of knots used in several different ways for fly fishing.
- Clothing. Fly fishing tackle can also include the special clothing used when fly fishing. Fishing vests, waders, wading boots, and polarized sunglasses are some of the items that you might need on a fly fishing trip.
Posted on: Feb. 05, 2011