Fonts For Tattoos
What are the best fonts for tattoos? Read on for some suggestions. After all, what’s the point of getting a kick-ass tattoo if you pick a horrible font and your ink ends up looking like a first-grader’s hastily scribbled drawings?
- Old English style lettering Old English fonts for tattoos can give your tattoo a certain look. Tommy Lee Jones and Travis Barker sport tats with Old English fonts.
- Arabic The flowery, flowing style used in Arabic fonts for tattoos is perfect for tattoos. If you want to stand out and choose a font that not everyone else has you may want to consider an Arabic font.
- Kanji Japanese Kanji are divided into two groups, Sosho Kanji and Mincho Kanji. Both are distinctive and stylish fonts for tattoos.
- Chinese Chinese fonts for tattoos evoke an air of mystery and exotic flavor. Just don’t be one of those idiots with Chinese lettering that has no idea what their tattoo says. Not cool. Not cool at all.
- Celtic Celtic fonts contain Celtic looking alphabet usually rounded or angular. They are a perfect match for tattoo designs featuring Celtic themes like armbands or tribal tattoos.
- Flames Flames are definitely distinctive and can accent any tattoo or look great on their own. Lots of bikers and rockers have ink with tattoo fonts.
- Calligraphy Calligraphy is visually striking and a different twist on the usual word tattoo. Make sure the tattoo artist doing your tattoo is skilled at calligraphy or you will be in for a horrible surprise.
- Typewriter style This is a trend that is starting to become more widespread. Typewriter fonts for tattoos have a preppy vibe and may not be for everybody.
- Times New Roman This is a classic font for tattoos. Part of the reason this font is so enduring is that it is easy to read and makes for a very clear tattoo.
- Cursive Depending on what your tattoo says and what kind of effect you’re going for you may want to try a cursive font. Cursive fonts for tattoos are not appropriate for every design so make sure you have a match before you opt for this font.
Posted on: Feb. 28, 2011