Food To Eat When Sick
In addition to your prescription intake, knowing what types of food to eat when sick is definitely a must. Being sick will slow down everything in your body, especially your digestive system. Therefore, eating these types of food will lead to a speedy recovery.
- Chicken soup Eating a bowl of chicken soup when sick can be a good alternative to taking medicine. Besides, it only takes one bowl to fill you up. To enhance its taste, try mixing some crackers into the soup.
- Congee If you are sick, it is a great idea to have a bowl of congee, aka rice soup. To make congee, simmer some water in a pot with a small cup of rice for an hour. For better taste, cook the congee with some ground meat of your choice.
- Oatmeal When sick, try consuming some oatmeal because it is very filling and nutritious. There are three ways to eat it: The first way is to eat it plain. The second way is to mix it with some small fruits and nuts. The last way is to cook it with some ground meat of your choice.
- Ginger tea If you have no appetite at all when sick, don’t hesitate to have some ginger tea. Heat up some water in a pot; add a few pieces of ginger to the boiling water. Let it sit for a minute or two. For the best result, drink it hot.
- Honey lemon drink You can refresh your body when sick by having some honey lemon drink. Slice a few pieces of lemon and put them into a glass. Mash the lemon slices until the juices come out, and then add some honey. Lastly, pour hot water into the glass and stir gently. It is recommended to drink it hot.