You can avoid getting stinky and embarrassing farts by knowing how to avoid eating foods that cause gas. Pooting, flatulence, farting, passing gas or whatever you want to call it, is the state of having excessive stomach and/or intestinal gas. Below is a list of foods that may be the source of your gas problems.
- Avoid green leafy vegetables in large quantities. Almost all vegetables are good for you, but some of them contain a natural sugar called raffinos, which can cause gastric problems, especially in people who are allergic to it. Some veggies that contain raffinos are broccoli, Brussels sprouts, spinach, collard greens, mustard and turnip greens. Eat green beans, carrots and lettuce instead.
- Watch out for certain wheat products. Some people can experience gas and bloating after eating wheat-based white breads, cookies and cakes. If you experience gas after eating any of these wheat products, simply cut back on them a few days out of the week until you are able to enjoy them without gas. Eat whole grain breads and cookies instead.
- Cut back on starchy foods. Starch is not easily broken down by the intestines and that can leave you with excess gas. If you like white rice or white potatoes, beware because they contain large amounts of gas-producing starches. Wild or brown rice is a great alternative.
- Beware of certain fruits. Certain fruits contain a natural sugar alcohol called sorbitol, such as apples, pears and prunes. Since everyone loves the taste of nature's sweet fruits, simply cut back on these or enjoy some watermelon and pineapple instead.
- Limit your milk intake. Cow's milk contains a form of natural sugar called lactose, which can cause bloating and irritable bowels in people who are sensitive to it. Also be sure to avoid cheese and yogurt. Try soy milk or goat milk instead.
- Avoid eating large amounts of beans. Beans are a great source of fat-free protein, but they also contain raffinos, which almost always causes gastric problems. Limit your intake of black beans, pinto beans, navy beans and black eyed peas.
- It is better to cut back or avoid these gas-producing foods instead of using over the counter products that eliminate gas, as they are only a temporary solution.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.