The best foods to eat for anemia are any foods high in iron and protein. Anemia is a condition where the normal number of red blood cells in a person’s blood is very low. These are all foods that are affective in helping anemia.
- Apples. Apples are a good food to eat for anemia. 100 percent apple juice is also affective at increasing the amount of iron in a person’s blood stream.
- Honey. Honey offers a great source of iron, copper and manganese. They are great elements to have for treating anemia. Honey can be eaten with many foods but is especially good to treat anemia served with apples.
- Nuts. Almonds, peanuts and walnuts are very effective foods for people with anemia. They are filled with proteins which helps raise the red blood cell count in a person.
- Meats. Red meats are great sources of protein which helps anemia sufferers. Meats such as heart, liver and kidney are the best to treat anemia.
- Tomatoes. Raw tomatoes or tomato juice are both great things to consume to increase the amount of iron in your body.
- Spinach. Leafy green vegetables are a great source of iron and perfect to eat for people suffering with anemia. They are energy-filled and contain vitamin B-12 and folic acid. Other leafy green vegetables include lettuce, broccoli and celery.
- Cereals. Cereals containing high amounts of protein and iron are other great options for people with anemia. Many cereals fall in this category including bran flakes and corn flakes. Look for cereals stating that they are 100 percent iron-fortified.
- Lentils. Most types of dried beans including lentils are good foods to eat for anemia. They contain a lot of proteins.
- Fish. Many types of fish offer great sources of iron. This includes trout, tuna and salmon.
- Dried Fruits. Apricots, raisins and prunes are all great dried fruits to eat for people suffering with anemia.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …