Foods To Eat On A Low Carb Diet
This article will reveal some delicious and healthy foods to eat on a low carb diet. There are two types of carbohydrates, simple and complex; both are your body's main source of energy. Here is a list of some foods to eat while you are on a low carb diet.
- Fruit. Eat as much fruit as you want such as apples, pears, grapefruits, and oranges. Also eat plumes, prunes, and apricots. These low carb foods taste good, and are a great source of soluble fiber, which slows the body's absorption of sugars, to help regulate glucose. Fruit is absolutely fat free, it is also high in water content, which will help keep your system flushed.
- Vegetables. Almost all vegetables are "good" carbohydrates, and you should eat as much as possible while on a low carb diet. Vegetables are a great source of natural vitamins and fiber. Eat turnip, collard, and mustard greens, eat artichokes, broccoli, and squash. You should also eat Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spinach, eggplant, potatoes, yams and corn.
- Whole Grains. Whole grains contain insoluble fiber which lowers cholesterol and helps to aid the body with digestion. Be sure to eat plenty of whole grains while on your low carb diet. Eat brown rice and whole grain breads, top your salads with barley and bulgar wheat. Snack on whole grain crackers in between meals. Eat oatmeal, oat bran, wheat germ, and wild rice.
- Legumes and beans. Be sure to add plenty of low carb protein to your diet by eating beans, like lentils. Beans are also high in fiber, they will add bulk to your digestive system, which will make you feel full, so that you can eat fewer calories while on your low carb diet. Also eat plenty of black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, and pinto beans. You should also eat plenty of garbanzo beans and soy beans.
- Miscellaneous. Add something extra to you meals like dill pickles, and dairy products such as low fat yogurt.
Remember: Avoid simple, or "bad" carbohydrates such as candy, white bread, pasta, and soft drinks as much as possible while on your low carb diet, as they will raise your blood sugar levels and slow down weight loss.