Foods To Eat To Stop Diarrhea
It is rather important to know of certain foods to eat to stop diarrhea. Diarrhea can cause dehydration from losing too many fluids. There are however, many foods that can help with stopping diarrhea.
- Bananas. Bananas are a great food that help stop diarrhea. They are heavy and bulky but are safe and easy on the digestive system.
- Rice. Rice is a bland and calming food and serves as a filler. It binds well and assists in reducing the production of diarrhea within a body.
- Applesauce. Applesauce is a bulky food that is easy to digest. It is a great food to eat to stop diarrhea.
- Toast. Toast is a great food to eat to slow down diarrhea. It soaks up stomach acid which helps reduce the amount of diarrhea produced by the body.
- Yogurt. Many times, diarrhea is produced by a bacterial imbalance. Because yogurt contains helpful, good bacteria, the live cultures help balance out the bacteria levels in a body.
- Noodles. Noodles are a light, bland food that are perfect to eat to help stop diarrhea symptoms.
- Boiled potatoes. Another great food to eat to help stop diarrhea is boiled potatoes. Their bulkiness helps settle the stomach with no irritation.
- Soda crackers. Crackers are similar to bread because they soak up the acid contained within the stomach. Crackers have always been a remedy to settle a stomach.
- Lemon juice. Diarrhea can be caused by pathogens in the body. A glass of lemon juice however, is strong enough to kill the harmful pathogens, causing the stomach to feel relief.
- Powdered cow’s milk. Powdered cow’s milk works great for stopping bacteria. Cow’s milk contains antibodies of the E.coli bacteria. These antibodies fight against the chemicals that cause diarrhea.
Posted on: Dec. 27, 2010