Foods To Eat When On A Diet
When you want to lose weight, you will want to know what foods to eat when you are on a diet. There are a number of foods that will help you lose weight without feeling hungry. Some foods are also considered negative calorie foods because they have so few calories the body actually burn more calories to digest them. Each food plays an essential role in a diet.
- Fiber. Foods that are high in fiber are a diet essential. Fiber helps the body fill full and will help with regular bowel movements. High fiber foods such as oatmeal, barley, bran, carrots and cabbage are great for any diet including those who want to lose weight.
- Protein. When you are on a diet proteins are essential for a healthy diet. Proteins will help you fill full. Dairy products such as milk, cheese and yogurt are excellent sources of protein as well as calcium to help protect your bones.
- Vegetables. All dieters know that vegetables are an essential part of your daily food intake. Vegetables are rich in vitamins that the body needs and are great snacks in between meals. Dark green vegetables are always a safe choice.
- Fruits. Fruits can be added to every meal. While some are better than others the best low calorie fruits are apples, oranges, strawberries, grapefruit and blueberries.
- Whole grain. Whole grains are packed with proteins, fiber, antioxidants and vitamin B. There also have trace minerals such as iron, copper, magnesium and zinc. The help promote regular bowel movements and healthy bacteria in the colon.