Foot Massage Techniques
Want to learn some foot massage techniques? So much time is spent on our feet that it is one of the most satisfying places on the body to get massaged. Read on to find out how to do some great foot massage techniques.
What you need to do foot massage techniques:
- massage oil or massage lotion
- a clean, white sheet
- a clean flat surface
How to perform foot massage techniques:
- Prepare the area for foot massage. First of all, cover your clean flat surface, either a bed or couch, with the clean white sheet. Keep the sheet doubled, as you won't need that large of a surface if you are only doing a foot massage.
- Position the person to be massaged. The person who will be massaged should lay down on the bed or couch face up, with their feet on the sheet that has already been placed.
- Apply lubricant. Put some massage oil or massage lotion in your hands and rub them together to warm it. If you don't have massage oil or massage cream, feel free to use regular lotion.
- Begin the foot massage. Using both hands, start working on one foot. Rub the foot with firm pressure, and using long strokes. Use your thumbs to rub up and down the soles of the foot. Massage each toe using your index or middle finger in addition to your thumbs. Be sure to cover the heel and the top of the foot as well. Run the palms of your hands up and down the sides of the foot in order to relax the muscles.
- Do the other foot. Using the techniques mentioned, go on to complete the other foot in the same way.
Now you know how to do some new foot massage techniques. Practice makes perfect, so the more you practice massage techniques the better you will get. Give your loved one a relaxing foot massage after a long day on their feet.