Ford Focus 2000 maintenance tips will help you keep your car running smooth for a long time to come. These tips are easy to follow and the Ford Focus 2000 owner’s manual has a list of maintenance procedures and mileage at which they should be preformed.
- Change oil. This is the most basic maintenance procedure you can do to extend the life of the engine on your Ford Focus 2000. If you are changing the oil yourself, it costs you about $20 depending on your area. Oil should be changed every 5,000 miles.
- Rotate tires. The tires on your Ford Focus 2000 should be rotated every 10,000 miles. Rotating the tires can extend the life of the tires.
- Check fluid level. Fluid levels should be checked on a monthly basis unless there was a previous problem. You should check the oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and windshield washer fluid.
- Change air filter. It is recommended to check your Ford's air filter at every oil change. There is no need to replace it unless necessary; however, it should be replaced every 15,000 miles.
- Safety inspection. Some states require that each registered vehicle, including your Ford Focus, have a safety inspection done on a yearly basis. If you do not live in a state that does not require you to do so, it is recommended that a safety check be performed every 30,000 miles.
- Check belts and hoses. You will wants to check hoses for leaks by looking for wet or damp spots. Check belts for abnormal wear and cracking.
- Replace fuel filter. Most people do not think about the fuel filter unless there is a problem. It is recommended that the fuel filer be replaced every 30,000 miles.
- Tune up. At 100,000 miles. you should change the spark plugs and PCV.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.