Here we go again, another Ford recall list. It makes new car buyers want to curse 2011. Ford is now seeing a bright light because the company was able to improve processes and bring out fresh products like the Fusion, the Fiesta, the Focus, and the Five Hundred. Executives must find a way to clean-up the recalls or get burned in the long run.
- Ford E-150. The Ford E-Series 150, 250, 350, and 450 is being recalled. Reports state that the power seats may break while carrying heavy loads if an accident occurs. Driver and passenger seats may move and cause an injury. Truck owners can have the repairs done for free by a Ford dealership. Check your tires for a recall if you drive one of these trucks.
- Ford Edge. Do not delay getting your Edge SUV repaired if it is on the Ford recall list. Simply put, the body of the vehicle may be at risk for an internal electrical shortage and 14,737 units may be affected. This condition may cause a fire. The module can be replaced at no charge by a dealer.
- Ford F-150. The Ford F-Series 150, 250, 350, 450, and 550 was recalled. These vehicles had a faulty software system that could not read the body control module. This condition could cause an electrical shortage which may cause the vehicle to catch a fire. Dealers will inspect and replace the BCM if necessary. Check your tires for a recall if you drive one of these trucks.
- Ford Explorer. The Ford Explorer second row seats do not meet federal safety standards. Passengers that sit in this area are at a high risk of injury if an accident occurs. This Ford recall has affected about 1,658 units. You can find out if your car is on Ford recall list by calling the Ford Company and a dealer will make the repairs at no cost to you.
- Ford Odyssey. This Ford Odyssey recall is very strange. Normally recalls are made for defective parts, equipment, or software. However, this recall was made because the first aid kit iodine prep pads were contaminated. The recall affected about 40 vans and customers were told to throw away the pads.
Finally, these recalls are starting to sound more like roll calls because they happen all the time. The next time you get ready to buy a new car maybe you should ask them if it is on the recall list.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.