There are as many kinds of forgiveness as there are forgiveness quotes. You can find them on the internet, in books, really anywhere. However, forgiving the people who have hurt us physically or mentally is one of the most difficult things a person can ever do. Everyone knows someone who walks through life with a scowl on his face; it’s almost like their “badge of courage.” They’ve chosen to let each situation build atop the last until every hurt compounds and creates a wretched existence of despair and gloom. What’s in it for you, or why should you forgive those who have hurt you? Well, not letting go of the past can eventually lead to a decline of health. Here are a few of the best forgiveness quotes that may help you or someone you know. After all, how you deal with conflict is a true measure of character.
- Enemies: “Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names” ~ John F. Kennedy: This forgiveness quote means to tear up and cancel that note. Tear it and burn it up. This makes our best of forgiveness quotes simply because you should always forgive your most despised enemies, as difficult as it is. Do you say, “I may forgive, but I’ll never forget?” That’s only another way to hang on to all that toxicity. Try to think of this forgiveness quote as being the best revenge; nothing else will ever annoy them so much. (Hey, we’re not perfect)
- To God: “Forgive O Lord, my little jokes on thee, and I will forgive, thy great one on me.” ~ Robert Frost: If you do not believe in God, skip over this one. It is only for those that blame a higher power for their plight. Consider this though. We choose to live in abundance, so we are the ones who sometimes blame our circumstances on the Lord when we make wrong decisions. In the end, the responsibility rests on our own shoulders, and let’s face it…most of us are pretty doggoned blessed. He has given us the freedom and the will to choose to make smart decisions before we ever have to blame Him.
- Marriage: “Once one has forgiven, do not reheat their sins for breakfast.” ~ Marlene Dietrich: One of the most critical tools in a relationship is to be able to let go of the angst from the night before. Remembering this forgiveness quote will serve to keep yourself and your marriage emotionally healthy. This doesn’t mean that you are condoning their behavior, just that you can get past it.
- Lost Love: “Forgiveness is when you shed a tear and still want her, when he ignores you and you still love him, when she loves another man and you still smile, or when she marries him and you continue to smile and wish her well.” ~ Unknown: This may be the hardest forgiveness quote to live by. Although you may be going through Hell, keep going. The quicker your heart can let go of the one that got away, the quicker you can heal and find the one you were meant to be with forever.
- Forgiving yourself: “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” ~ Lewis B. Smedes: It may be time you exonerate yourself. Use this forgiveness quote to give you absolution of the burdens you may have placed upon your own shoulders. Self-imprisonment only makes you bitter; it controls your life. Release that grudge you have been carrying and overturn your self-imposed sentence. You are the only one who can. Take control and give yourself amnesty over your internal conflict.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.