There are several foul smelling urine causes that may help you detect a health problem. Knowing the causes will enable individuals to seek treatment before it is too late. Keep on reading and take notes so you can learn some of the leading causes of foul smelling urine.
- Food and drink. Certain foods and drinks will cause urine odor. Take note of what types of foods and drinks you consume, such as asparagus and alcohol.
- Medication. Some medication will cause the urine to smell bad. Contact a pharmacist to find out if it is possible your medication may cause urine odor.
- Urinary tract infection. The urinary system stores and transport urine. If this system becomes infected, remember that it is one of several foul smelling urine causes. Do not ignore this condition.
- Hepatic. Hepatic or liver failure is another reason for foul smelling urine causes so do not delay getting treatment. If you continue to have a bad odor from your liver, call your doctor immediately.
- Diabetes. Diabetes is caused by high levels of sugar in the blood and is a lifelong disease. Contact your healthcare provider and document the days and times you experience this condition because you may have diabetes.
- Phenylketonuria. Foul smelling urine causes can be hereditary. Phenylketonuria also known as a hereditary disease is caused when the body does not breakdown amino acids, which can cause foul smelling urine. This disease is very rare.
- Vitamins. Vitamins are commonly used to improve health and they can cause urine to smell bad. Check the label of the vitamins that you are taking and inform your healthcare provider about the ingredients.
- Dehydration. Simply put, if your body does not have enough water, you will become dehydrated. This condition is listed as foul smelling urine cause by medical professionals.
- Urethritis. Urethritis is known as the inflammation of the urethra. Bacteria and sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia may cause urethritis. Patients with urethritis experience foul smelling urine causes and should talk to their doctor.
- Cystitis. Cystitis is an infection of the urinary tract or the bladder. This infection can spread to your kidneys so do not hesitate to get treatment. A strong foul smelling urine is one of the main symptoms
I've smelled some people's breath that smelled like something was dying but soon we me able to blow into a device and it ...
We all know the obvious means by which venereal disease is transmitted, but there are also 4 ways to get an STD you neve ...
The brilliant investor, head of Berkshire Hathaway, and the world's richest man, Warren Buffett is meeting with some 'bu ...