If you are a French speaker who is interested in traveling the world, you might want to consider visiting some of the many Francophone countries on the planet. Francophone nations are those that have French as the official language. In some cases, French is the nation's sole official language, while in others, there are several different tongues.
- France – The large Western European nation of France is home to the French language. The nation's capital is Paris, and some of the other biggest cities are Toulouse, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Nantes and Le Havre. France is a major world power and is a force in politics, the military, economics and culture.
- Canada – The vast North American country of Canada features French as an official language, along with English. French is predominantly spoken in the province of Quebec, which is situated in the nation's eastern central region. In Quebec, unlike in the rest of the nation, English is not considered to be one of the official languages.
- Haiti – Haiti is a small nation that is located in the Caribbean Sea. The country is located on the island of Hispaniola, which is shares with the Spanish-speaking Dominican Republic. The official tongues of Haiti are French and Haitian Creole. The Creole language of the nation is deeply rooted in the French language from the eighteenth to twenty-first centuries.
- Senegal – Senegal is an African nation. The sole official language of Senegal is French. The country is located in West Africa, just below the Senegal River on the Atlantic Coast. The capital is known as Dakar. Dakar is a bustling port metropolis.
- Monaco – Monaco is a tiny country that is located in Europe's southwestern region, on the Mediterranean Sea. Monaco's official language is French, although English, Monegasque and Italian are all commonly spoken. Monegasque is a dialect that is based on the Ligurian tongue of Northern Italy's coastal and scenic Liguria region.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …