Free Ipod Touch Apps
Free iPod touch apps beat the tar out of paid apps when it comes to loading up your device with cheap fun. Most apps offer the free, or “lite” version of an app to give you a taste of what it’s all about. If you like it, you can get the full version with all the features. If not, delete it and move on to the next free iPod touch app at the app store.
- iSlash: This Asian-inspired game features chopping wood and throwing stars. You use your finger to chop the wood as throwing stars scatter around the wood. You’re supposed to keep all the stars on the same side and not slice them as they roll by. It’s harder than it sounds.
- Shazam Lite: Can’t remember that song? Stick your iPod touch speaker (or the earbuds with a mic) close to the radio, and Shazam will match the song on the Internet and give you all the details. It’s definitely one of the best free iPod touch apps.
- iJewels: This free iPod touch app is like Bejeweled, only for your fingers. Line up at least three same-style jewels in a row and earn points. It’s quite addicting.
- VH1: Behind the Music: For anyone who loves taking music quizzes, this is the best free iPod touch app for you. Earn high points and keep beating your high scores as you answer questions about rap, hip hop, pop and top billboard hits.
- Talking Roby the Robot: Want your girlfriend to make you a sandwich? Have Roby ask her instead. His adorable voice and irresistible body motions will prompt her to make you a ham sandwich rather than tell you to stuff it.
- Retina Wallpapers HD: All of your favorite movies, celebrities, cities and more are in iPod touch wallpaper format, ripe for the downloading, here on this free app. You can filter your search results to show just funny quotes, celebrities or fancy cars, depending on your tastes.
- Alarm Tunes Lite: Hate that annoying beep your real alarm clock makes in the morning? Pick your favorite iPod song and wake up to that instead with this free app.
- Crackle: Want to watch free movies on your iPod touch without attracting the wrong kind of attention? Do it legally with a free app featured on the iPod store. Crackle features about 100 movies, plus TV shows and original series programs, that will keep you more than busy.
- IMDB: If you have a hard time placing what movie you just saw “that guy” in, download the Internet Movie Database app, free for the iPod touch. It puts everything you see on the real site into mobile-friendly format for quick access.
- Amp: Forget about making playlists on iTunes. It’s much easier to manage playlists with this app, which allows you to create playlists when you’re not plugged into your computer.