Freshwater Fishing Guide
If you want to catch more big fish in freshwater, then you must follow this freshwater fishing guide. Whether this is your first fishing trip or not, you should always plan ahead. Consider the following: location, weather condition, species of fish, organization of your tackle, and the length of time.
- Use sharp hooks and strong lines. You must get sharp hooks and strong lines for freshwater fishing. Without these items, there is no point to attracting any fish. If the hooks and the lines are old and torn, then get rid of them.
- Select the proper tackle, lures, and baits. The selection of tackle and bait should match your prey along with your trolling methods. Additionally, the size of bait should match the weight of line and the size of your prey. If everything matches, adding the right lure to the system can attract your prey easily.
- Pay attention to the water temperature. Prior to freshwater fishing, you should find out the optimal water temperature for each species of fish that will be active. Or else, you will not be able to catch anything.
- Wear the appropriate clothing. Dressing comfortably and accordingly can maximize your fishing performance. For example, if the fishing location will be rainy and windy, bring your jacket along.
- Keep your hands clean. Clean your hands first before setting up your bait. The reason is that fish are very sensitive to any smell. If your hands smell like bug spray, then they won’t be attracted to your bait.