Friend quotes and sayings come in handy when you're wishing a good pal well. Perhaps you're saying goodbye, congratulating him or her on a promotion, or wishing him or her a happy birthday. Those times are perfect for whipping out a few old friend quotes and sayings in conversation, written in a card, or even written in icing atop a cake. Here are some cool old friend quotes and sayings to make a good impression whenever the occasion arises:
- "Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words." – George Eliot. That's right. With a friend, you just be your real, true self. You can say what you really think, and be confident it won't be taken the wrong way. A true friend won't hold things against you.
- "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are right." – Mark Twain. Mark Twain is only partly joking. Friends stand up for each no matter what. If you are ridiculously wrong, a friend will defend your right to be ridiculously wrong.
- "A friend is one who walks in when others walk out." – Walter Winchill. If you hit rock bottom, your fair weather friends will leave. They aren't your real friend. It's the true friends who stick around and help, even when you're sick, dirty, disgusting, broke, or all of the above.
- "To have a friend and be a friend Is what makes life worthwhile." – Unknown What do you think? Is this friend quote right? It would be very, very lonely without friends. A friend understands you and laughs at you and with you. Life wouldn't be so great without friends, thus all of these friend quotes and sayings that celebrate friendship.
- "A friend is one with whom you are comfortable, to whom you are loyal, through whom you are blessed, and for whom you are grateful." – William Arthur Ward. Look at this list of criteria for a friend. Think about your buddies. How many of them fit the criteria from this old friend saying? May they all fit the bill.