This frog eye salad recipe is the perfect salad to make if you are in the mood for something sweet. Most recipes make a big batch so it is a good salad to make when you need to feed a crowd. It uses a very small round pasta to give it the texture that is expected from frog eye salad. There are different ways to make it, some like to use whipped cream for a sweeter version, or you can try this recipe which uses vanilla pudding so it is not quite as sweet.
Things you will need to make frog eye salad:
- 1 1/3 cups acini di pepe pasta, uncooked
- 1 20 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained. (reserve 1/4 cup of the juice)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 (12 oz) cans mandarin orange sections, drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Cook pasta in boiling water for eleven minutes. Drain well, rinsing with cold water to cool the pasta. Rinse a few times with the cold water to make sure that all of the pasta is cool. Your salad will not come out right if the pasta is still warm.
- In a large bowl, beat the reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar, and pudding mix for two minutes.
- Gently stir in the pasta and all the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refirgerate your frog eye salad for at least five hours before serving.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”