Fuel Pump Symptoms
A number of different fuel pump symptoms are occurring because of the high prices at the pump. While the solution is to rid our dependency on oil in our everyday lives, this solution is a long way off and will take a more universal change in industry and society. In the meantime, we will fall victim to a number of different fuel pump symptoms as we have no choice but to buy gas at whatever price it has risen to and use it to go about our lives. This places pressure on people and on our society, creating all types of symptoms and actions, some of which are listed below.
- Inflation The more expensive gas is for a longer period of time, the more expensive the cost of living becomes for everyone, in turn causing economic inflation, as everything becomes more expensive to do. This is the fuel pump symptom that gets the government's attention the quickest.
- Higher Costs As mentioned, inflation may set in through high gas prices and higher costs of everything becomes a fuel pump symptom almost immediately. This is because everything is more expensive to ship, from clothes to food.
- Less Driving People will consciously try to drive less because of higher gas pump prices. This fuel pump symptom holds people living amidst these high fuel prices hostage, not allowing to do what they would like to do because it costs too much money to drive anywhere. Fears of gas prices getting higher becoming even worse is one of the biggest concerns about gasoline.
- New Technology Investment Due to these fears of what these fuel pump symptoms will turn into, investment in new technology will pick up significantly, helping us use less gasoline for longer periods of time and develop technology that will allow us to utilize different types of energy. For example, this response to this fuel pump symptom allowed the development of hybrid car technology. This is one of the lone positive things that comes out of the fuel pump symptoms, as it forces our society to move on from it's reliance on fossil fuels like oil.
- More Walking, Biking and Use of Public Transportation Due to the high gas prices, people will begin to consistently find other modes of transportation in their everyday lives. In truth, this is one of the better fuel pump symptoms to come out of high prices at the pump.