'Full House' Cast: Where Are They Now?
'Full House' Cast: Where Are They Now? The Tanner family was one of the most entertaining and unorthodox family’s that were on TV in the 1980’s. When the show ended in the 1990’s people were left wondering what would take the place of such a funny and talented cast. Some left to become comedians while others became larger than life celebrities, TV actors, while some left acting altogether.
- Danny Tanner (Bob Saget) head of the "Full House" household and neat freak. Saget continued his acting career. He was one of the voice over’s in the animated movie “Madagascar.” He also hosted the hit home video show, “America’s Funniest Home Videos." He never left his roots as a comical actor; you can find him on "Surviving Suburbia," an ABC sitcom.
- Michelle Tanner (Ashley and Mark Kate Olsen) played by the adorable twins. Two of the youngest self made multi-billion dollar moguls in Hollywood. After the long “Full House” run their career went full force. They venture into the fashion business, makeup, and their own jewelry line. They still continue to play roles together and also apart. Mary Kate Olsen can be seen in the Showtime show “Weeds.” With all their accomplishments and fame, half of the Olsen duo (Mary Kate) has had continuous bouts of anorexia, and drug abuse rumors continue to surface.
- Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin) the middle child of the Tanner clan. Sweetin career didn’t turn out to be as lucrative as some of her other counter parts. She left the lime light of Hollywood. Jodie struggle with a crystal meth addiction for some time, but she enter rehab where she is now sober. She realized she was ready to get back into the spot light. Jodie is the current host of Fuse TV “Pants Off Dance Off” dance show.
- D.J. Tanner (Candace Cameron) was the oldest of the three Tanner girls. Cameron chose the family life over the acting career. She can still be seen in made for TV movies, but her faith, husband, and three children are what’s important to her. Cameron lives in Florida with her family away from the glare of the cameras. She now does endorsements for Christian academy home schools. Like her brother Kirk Cameron (a child actor as well) have devoted their time and life to their Evangelist beliefs.
- Uncle Jesse (John Stamos) the cool and hunky uncle. This heart throb cast member made all the young girls go crazy, with his good looks and obsession with his hair. He played the role of a silly out of control uncle well. Female fans were heartbroken when he married the gorgeous model/actress Rebecca Romijn, but later divorced. He now has expanded his talents by playing a more serious role as Dr. Tony Gates in the medical TV drama “ER.”
- Uncle Joey (Dave Coulier) the kid at heart, Corky uncle that kept the “Full House” cast laughing. Coulier career didn’t continue to blossom after “Full House.” He did however put his wacky impressions to good use with lending his voice to “Teen Titans” and “Detention”. He is currently the voice for Doug McKenzie of the animated sitcom “Bob & Doug."
- Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber) was the neighbor from across the street. Barber was the dim-witted best friend of D.J. After the success of “Full House” was over she chose not to continue her acting career. Instead she chose her education. After graduating with a degree in English, along with her husband and son, Gibbler made a run for the border and moved to England, where she resides.
- Becky (Lori Loughlin) was the love of Uncle Jesse’s life. She continued her acting career she can be seen in quite a few made for TV movies. She was cast in the role of Dana Marshall in “Meet My Mom.” Loughlin is currently married to the fame fashion designer Mossimo Gianulli.
- Steve (Scott Weinger) was the handsome jock and boyfriend of D.J. Tanner. Weinger is more than good looks, he’s also a Harvard graduate. Scott was the cute little voice of the pipes in the animated movie “Aladdin.” He also made guess appearances in the sitcom “What I Like About You” and he’s currently a writer for that show.