Funny birthday wishes are meant to make the recipient smile and laugh. These types of messages may poke fun at getting older or the fact that the card giver is too broke to buy a real present. Regardless of the joke at hand, funny birthday wishes create an uplifting atmosphere while adding to the celebratory nature of the event.
- "You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.": This is quote from Bob Hope that pokes fun at age, particularly that of the upper middle age and senior brackets. It paints a humorous image of hundreds of candles covering the entire top sheet of a cake.
- "Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.": A Truman Capote saying referring to death as an unwarranted ending to life. This wish would probably be best appreciated by those with a dry sense of humor. It doesn't necessarily state that death is a bad event, but that an individual shouldn't have to be written out of his or her life story.
- "Birthdays are like boogers, the more you have the harder it is to breathe." This birthday wish is sure to make just about anyone laugh. A reference to age's toll on the body, it pokes fun at a somewhat undesirable human condition. This wish would make a great opening line on a birthday card.
- "Better to be over the hill than buried under it." A humorous reference to a preference of life over death, this is another funny birthday wish that would be great to use on a card. Many birthday cards feature a wish similar to this saying. It's a great wish to use for individuals approaching middle age.
- "We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it." This is another great wish for those approaching middle age or actual middle aged individuals. Women might be a little more appreciative of its humor since they tend to be more conscious of their age.
- "The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.": A quote from H.V. Prochnow that reveals the potential wrath for any man that doesn't remember to appreciate his mate. This is a birthday wish that might be best targeted towards a male audience. Its possible uses include cards or gag gifts such as t-shirts.
- "Be kind to your kids, they'll be choosing your nursing home." A laugh out loud birthday wish that most parents relate to. It's a reminder of the potential future of old age, while poking fun at parental discipline. This birthday wish is a great way to bring life into a celebration.
- "I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do." A humorous quote from Phyllis Diller. This is a potential birthday wish that has a sense of dry humor behind it. While it's a reference to a declining social life as we age, it pokes fun at the human condition.
- "Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself." A quote from Tom Wilson. This is a birthday wish with a light sense of humor behind it. Gaining wisdom isn't necessarily a by-product of old age. Old age rather is something that is unpreventable.
- "Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician." This is a funny birthday wish that most women might find humorous. It's a playful reference on the idea that good looks fade as we age, as more and more anti aging techniques have to be incorporated into our regular grooming habits.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …