Funny Facebook Statuses
Keeping your friends entertained with funny Facebook statuses can seem like a lot of work, but in reality it is quite simple. There are a few key things that make a Facebook status funny and add to its appeal.
- “A train station is where the train stops. A bus station is where the bus stops. On my desk, I have a work station...” Facebook statuses are hilarious when they ponder or question the general nature of things.
- “I have nipples Greg. Can you milk me?” -Jack Byrnes, in Meet the Parents. Chances are if it made you laugh out loud in the movie theater it will make others do the same as part of your Facebook status.
- Drunk posting makes for an entertaining morning. Everyone has woken up on a Sunday morning to read a few questionable Facebook statuses from obviously drunk friends the night before. Often these post are hard to read, lack any dignity,horrible misspellings, and sometimes they share a little too much information, but they encourage a great amount of laughter. Of course this is only funny when it is your friends postings, not your own. Thank goodness Facebook has a delete button for such regrets.
- “The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list!” Sarcasm makes for great humor. It's one of the best ways to not say what is on your mind, while getting your point across and making others laugh. It's witty and edgy at the same time.
- Embarrassing moments are another way to get a few laughs out of your Facebook Statuses. People love to share in others misfortune. Maybe you split your cough on yourself while mustering up the courage to talk to the new girl in the office or perhaps your new baby gave you a shower this morning. These types of things make for great moments on Facebook.
Posted on: Mar. 08, 2011