Funny love quotes from songs are kind of difficult to come by. A lot of the time, love songs are pretty maudlin and serious. But love, like life, shouldn't be so intense all the time. You have to remember to see the lighter side of things.
- "Here is the church and here is the steeple/We sure are cute for two ugly people" – “Anyone Else But You” by The Moldy Peaches: Let's face it, not many of us are Bradgelinas. This funny love quote says, “I don't care if you DO have a goiter and a suspicious rash, you're the cutest thing I've ever seen and I love you!”
- "I told all of my friends/Again and again and again/I drove them round the bend/So now you're my only friend" – “Everybody Knows (Except You)” by The Divine Comedy: This song is about a man who is so in love with someone that he starts talking to everyone about how much he loves this one girl, and she doesn't even know it!
- "You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto/Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto, Let's call the whole thing off" – “Let's Call The Whole Thing Off” by Louis Armstrong: This love song quote illustrates just how infuriating the little differences between couples can be. But still the adage holds true. Opposites do attract. The couple in this love song ends up calling the whole “calling the whole thing off” off because they love each other too much.
- "I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad. Carry you around when your arthritis is bad." – “I Wanna Grow Old With You” by Adam Sandler: Growing old can be fun and funny when you do it with somebody you love. This funny love song gives the impression of two aging people, who are still together holding hands and teasing each other about graying hair and aching joints.
- "Oh darlin' it’s so sweet, you think you know how crazy I am." – “Fast as You Can” by Fiona Apple: Although Fiona Apple didn’t intend for this song to be all that funny, there's something to be said about loving psychos. You know they're bad for you, but you love them anyway. And it's funny because it's true.
- "I know that I've got issues/But you're pretty messed up too/ Either way I found out I'm nothing without you" – “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson: We've all been in dysfunctional relationships where you're either fighting or fighting about fighting, but the person is so much fun to be around that you can't seem to break it off with them.
- "If I was a booger would you blow your nose?/Where would you keep it?/Would you eat it?/I'm just trying to give myself a reason for being around" “Being Around” by Lemonheads: During the early stages of love, we're racked by that feeling of wanting to be around that person, no matter what. This love song quote—heck, this song is so funny because it says just how stupid we're willing to look just to make the one we love laugh and keep them around.
- "Call me irresponsible/Call me unreliable/Throw in undependable too" – “Call Me Irresponsible” by Frank Sinatra”: There's nothing funny about this song quote, but the context is just so easy to relate to that you cannot help but let out a giggle or two. Yes, we've all been there.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …