Here are a bunch of funny quotes about love for your girlfriend. They're great for diffusing nervous situations and generally just making her smile.
- “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.” Albert Einstein Albert Einstein was a really smart guy—he knew what he was talking about. Say your girlfriend is having an off day and feels all ugly. You can quote this to her and watch her break into a grin. Believe us, having her happy will be best for the both of you.
- “Love is the same as like except you feel sexier.” Judith Viorst Your girlfriend will be in giggles once you explain the difference between like and love to her with this cutesy, funny love quote. By the way, Judith Viorst was an American author, newspaper journalist and psychoanalysis researcher.
- “Love is being stupid together.” Paul Valery Love is the best high, giggling over nothing like a couple of potheads, laughing at stupid stories and memories. It's also cheesy and stupid, which is good, making this quote one of the best funny ones to tell your girlfriend.
- “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.” Joan Crawford She was married four times. Joan Crawford would know what she was talking about. Tell your girlfriend about your undying fire—she'll laugh.
- “I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.” Woody Allen Falling in love is just about as nerve-wracking as falling into a disease. This love quote is funny and witty, and if your girlfriend asks you how you felt on your first date—well, you've got a ready answer.
- “Nothing spoils romance so much as a sense of humor in the woman.” Oscar Wilde What Oscar Wilde meant was that romance, usually so trite and cheesy, is ruined by people who can laugh, who don't take themselves too seriously; which is a good thing, because nobody wants to live in a bad remake of "The Notebook." Intense romance is good for on screen, but it's a bit OTT in real life.
- “The four most important words in any marriage… I'll do the dishes." Anonymous This funny love quote hits the mark. All the responsibilities of being in a relationship can cause some strain, but with a little humor, you can diffuse the situation nice and easy. Even if you're not married yet, if you're planning to marry your girlfriend, this quote is a sure-fire way to make her laugh in the middle of an escalating debate.
- “Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love, though I'd stepped in it a few times.” Rita Rudner This love quote, from comedienne Rita Rudner, is actually really sweet if you think about it. But it's mostly funny. We're sure your girlfriend will agree.
- “Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.” George Carlin George Carlin was a funny, cynical guy. He was right, too. Women are not from Venus, men are not from Mars. We're more alike than you think. So when your girlfriend pulls that “you don't understand because you're not a woman” card, tell her what George told you. Of course, it'd be great if you could not be as surly when you said it.
- “A hug is like a boomerang – you get it back right away.” Bil Keane Hugs are great. Especially hugs from your girlfriend. Nothing would make your girlfriend swoon more than you quoting this lovely, humorous line from the cartoonist. Except for maybe hugging her while you say it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.