Get On Facebook At School
If your school is blocking popular internet sites, you may wonder if it's possible to get on Facebook at school in any way. Most schools (and many workplaces) are now blocking internet access to sites that they feel are inappropriate or time wasting. It can make for a really boring time when you're hanging out in the library during a dull study hall. Fortunately, there are ways to get on Facebook at school - or just about any other blocked site. And it's very simple! All you need to do is use a proxy.
You will need:
- A Proxy Server
- A proxy works like a buffer or middleman between your school or work computer and the site you're trying to reach. You go to the proxy and view the site you want to see through the proxy website. To your server, you appear to be spending time on a random, unblocked website.
- To find a proxy, simply do an internet search using your favorite search engine. "Free proxy server" is a pretty good search phrase to use. What you are looking for is a site that lists proxy servers. You want to have a current list of the freshest proxies. Why? Well, website blocking software gets updated to the proxies on a regular basis, so the proxy that lets you get on Facebook at school today might not work tomorrow. Sites like Proxy4Free.com have constantly updating lists of the newest proxy servers.
- Once you find a list, pick one of the servers they recommend. It's as simple as clicking on the name of the server to open it. This will take you to the proxy server page.
- On the proxy server page, there will be a box for entering the URL. Sometimes it will be very obvious and say "Enter URL Here" or words to that effect. Enter your URL (in this case, since you want to get on Face book at school, you'll enter the URL for Facebook), and hit "Enter".
- And that's all there is to it! Most of the times, this will work like a champ. There will be times when browsing through a proxy server can be very slow. If that happens, simply go back to the list of proxy servers and find another one that allows you to get on Facebook at school.