Get Gmail For Blackberry
Need to know how to get Gmail for Blackberry? Blackberries are still very popular within the business community when it comes to keeping everything at hand - contacts, emails, and a phone. And one of the very best at keeping everything together is that of search engine giant, Google. Google isn't just about searching anymore (though it is still by far the most popular to search for something), now Google has given us emails, calendars, maps, and voice messaging.
If you're wondering how to get Gmail for Blackberry, you should be aware that Google does not support Blackberry devices, so even if you are using any of Google's products, if something goes wrong, you will not be able to receive technical support until Blackberries are supported.
- On your Blackberry, go to the main home screen.
- Choose the icon for your email setup. This may be called something different depending on the model of phone that you have.
- You will be asked to set up your email. You will need to use Gmail's IMAP service, which allows Gmail to be used through any email program (such as forwarding to Outlook). Enter in your Gmail address, followed by your password.
- The next screen will ask about incoming and outgoing servers. For this, you will enter in mail.google.com for both.
- Click next and then wait for the servers to connect to Google.
The process itself should only take about ten to fifteen minutes, however sometimes it could take longer depending on the connection between your phone and that of Google itself. If you find that you are having issues with set up, make sure that you have enabled the IMAP feature within your Google account. This can be done by going to Gmail through an Internet browser and then going to Settings and then Forward POP/IMAP.