Figuring out how to get over a long distance break up is difficult, to say the least. This is especially true if you were seeing this person for a good amount of time. But sometimes people move on and relationships don’t always work out when the two people involved are separated by the miles. Here are some pointers to help you get over a long distance breakup.
- Take time to be alone. This is the first step to get over a long distance breakup. You need alone time to consider the reasons for the breakup and to let reality set in. The amount of time alone a person needs depends on each individual person.
- Write your thoughts on paper. Journaling is always a good way to get over a long distance breakup. Putting your thoughts on paper-either in prose or poetry-will help you heal more quickly.
- Talk to someone about what you’re going through. Nobody can get through a long distance breakup alone. You need to release your feelings to another person, whether it is a good friend, a relative, or someone from a religious group.
- Go out with your good friends. Now that you’ve had your alone time, it’s time to get back out there and have some fun. Go out with your buddies for a couple drinks, invite them over to watch football-whatever you do, don’t talk relationships.
- Move on with your life. Now it’s time to move on and to get back into the normal routine. Get out there, enjoy life, and maybe even meet someone who lives within driving distance of you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…