Get Padi Certification
Looking for a few tips on how to get PADI certification? PADI stands for the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. Once you have completed your PADI certification, you will receive a certification card that will enable you to show others you are a certified diver when you are looking for employment. PAID offers many courses, including diver level courses, professional level courses and technical courses.
To get PADI certification, you will need:
- To complete knowledge development, confined water scuba skills training and open water dives and scuba skills review
- To own scuba gear, including a mask, fins and snorkel
- To be at least 10 years old
- To complete a scuba medical questionnaire that states you are healthy enough for diving
- Knowledge Development. The first step in getting your PADI certification is knowledge development. You can choose to learn your knowledge development online or in class. During your knowledge development, you will be taught about the basic principles of diving, such as how to choose the best scuba gear and how the water pressure affects your body. You will need to pass a quiz after you have taken all of your knowledge development classes.
- Confined Water Dives - Scuba Skills Training. Once you have passed your knowledge development quiz, you will move onto confined water scuba skills training in pool-like conditions. You will be taught things like how to equip yourself with your scuba gear and emergency skills, such as sharing air. You will need to pass 5 water dives before you can move onto the third step of the PADI certification process.
- Open Water Devices. Congratulations, you are on the final step of obtaining your PADI certification! You will need to complete 4 open water dives, with your certified PADI instructor present, to complete this step. It doesn't matter where you perform these dives - you can choose to perform them close to your home, or while you are on a scuba vacation in a place like the Dominican Republic.
If you choose to complete your knowledge development online, you can have your PADI certification in as little as 3 or 4 days.