Get Songs Off Ipod
Did you ever wonder why it is so hard to get your music off of iPod? It is something that shouldn’t be difficult at all but the gurus at Apple have made this difficult. However, it doesn't have to stressful and it doesn’t have to cost you a dime to get your music off of your Ipod and onto any computer. We’ll explore the “Do it Yourself” option for ripping music from your iPod.
To get music off of your iPod you will need:
- USB cable
- Apple hides your music in hidden folders. Click on “My Computer” and you should see your Ipod appear as a separate drive. Open your Ipod by clicking on it.
- Click on “Tools” and follow that to “Folder Options”. You will see a tab labeled “View.” Select the option to show hidden files and folders. This is foundation of Apple’s super security to stop you from getting your music off of your Ipod.
- Select “Ok”to confirm and back up to the main Ipod folder. A new folder should have appeared titled “Ipod Control.” If for some reason it didn’t appear use the search function and it will grab it. Only once did I have it fail to appear. But after a search it popped up and stayed there. Go into the Ipod Control folder.
- Bingo! You are now a super Apple Ipod hacker! Now the files names will be scrambled but these are your songs. If you don’t want to try to decipher them you are in luck. The Windows search feature is now enabled to search through them for you. Just remember to tell the computer to search those “Hidden” folders and files when searching.
- Make your life easier by taking music off of your Ipod frequently. Usually after uploading 20 songs or so I take the songs off my Ipod and put them on my PC. This prevents duplicates and makes your life less stressful. Now, aren’t you glad you didn’t spend money on a program to do this.