Get United States Postal Service Jobs
Navigating the different employment boards to learn how to get United States Postal Service jobs is usually a daunting experience. You may spend hours trying to obtain the information but not getting accurate information. Even worse, you may end up getting scammed when you request information if you do not use reputable sites. With that said, there are simple and safe ways to obtain United Postal Service jobs without fear of being scammed.
Things necessary to obtain a United States Postal Service Job.
- Visit the United States Postal service website. This is your first step to obtain a job with the United States Postal Service.
- Look down to the bottom of the website page. Then, click the link entitled e-careers.
- Use the website page to search for job opening with the United States Postal Service. After you search to see what is available, and find some jobs you are interested in applying. You can start the registration process.
- Create your career profile. The USPS site will open a page for you to create your profile. Thus, make sure you have all the necessary information to input your career profile such as a copy of your resume. Having your resume will help you add the information faster rather than relying on your memory.
- Choose the test relating to the position you chose. Be aware that sometimes the test may not be available in your geographic area, and you may need to check with the United States Postal site often to see if the testing is available for the job you selected. The postal service often updates their site when there are new job openings. So, this is why it is important to check back often.
- Be prepared to receive information for the test soon after you have selected the testing. The information the United States Postal Service will send to continue your job application will include the date of the test, the time, and specific geographic location along with all necessary study materials.
- Wait for the United States Postal Service to score your exam. This might take some time, and it depends on whether they chose you for the position. Your performance on the testing dictates whether you are chosen for the position as well as the number of qualified applicants.
- Take your drug screening test. If chosen for an interview, you will need to take a drug screening test. Generally, the interview and the drug screening test are done on the same day.
With these steps and some patience, you might be on your way to long and rewarding career with the United States Postal Service.