Knowing gin rummy rules are required when playing this popular card game. This game is primarily a two player game that uses a standard deck of 52 cards. It is a game made up of picking a card and then discarding one.
- Deal each player ten cards. Each player is dealt cards and the deck is set face down. The top card is turned face up and is the start of the discard pile. The rest of the deck is called the stock pile.
- Each player tries to complete a hand of cards in the form of a set or a run. A set is a group of three or four cards. The cards must be identical rank and different suits, for example three four cards of different suits. A run is a group of three or more cards of the same suit in consecutive order, such as a 3, 4, and 5 of hearts.
- To play the game, the first player takes a card. The card chosen can be from either the stock pile or discard pile. After that, the player discards one card of his choice so that he still has only 10 cards.
- Players set down their sets or runs on the table. After one player has formed all of their cards into sets or runs, the game ends.
- A score is kept. At the end of the game, a score is added up. Jacks, Queens and Kings are 10 points, Aces are 1 point. For the rest of the deck, each card is worth its face value.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.