If someone you know loves sweet breads but is gluten intolerant, read on for a delicious gluten free banana bread recipe. Since bananas often sit on the counter and become over-ripe, banana bread or muffin recipes are one of the most popular sweet breads. Now, thanks to the manufacturers that have put several types of gluten free flours on the market, baked goods can be enjoyed by people with an intolerance to gluten. Remember to always check the labels of any product to be sure there is no cross contamination with gluten products. If there is any doubt, call the company that manufactures the particular brand you want to use.
Bananas that are very ripe are best for sweet bread recipes, and this gluten free banana bread recipe is no exception. Bananas become sweeter as they age, and the moisture level increases which is better for a baked product.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this tasty gluten free banana bread:
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour plus 1 tsp.
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 to 3 large over ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract with no corn syrup added
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Begin this recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Use shortening or nonstick cooking spray to grease a small loaf pan. Then lightly dust the pan with about a teaspoon of gluten free flour. Set the pan aside for now.
- Put the bananas in a large mixing bowl and start thoroughly mashing the peeled bananas with the tines of a fork. It’s fine to leave lumps in the mashed bananas. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, applesauce and pure vanilla extract to the mashed bananas.
- Measure the flour, baking soda and salt into another medium size mixing bowl. Use a wire whisk to thoroughly mix the dry baking ingredients together. Lightly mix the walnuts into the flour mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the large mixing bowl with the banana and egg mixture. Combine all ingredients together just until moistened. Scrape the gluten free banana bread batter into the loaf pan, and place in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. Use a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the banana bread loaf to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean without wet batter on it, the bread is done.
Let the bread cool for about ten minutes before removing it from the pan to slice. Now that you know how to make a gluten free banana bread recipe, you can enjoy or share this comfort bread with a friend who might not be able to eat regular banana bread. Wrap the remainder of the loaf in plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh.
You may not consider yourself a baker, but you’re just a few steps away from pulling a warm loaf of homemade beer bread ...
This recipe will probably get you laid. And if it doesn’t, you still get to play with fire and eat a delicious dessert. ...
These chocolate bars boast a strong coffee-oatmeal stout. Have 'em for dessert, have 'em for breakfast—there's no baking ...