Biscotti cookies are a very tasty treat to eat and can be made quite healthy using this almond loaded gluten free biscotti recipe. This simple recipe will take very little effort or time and produce a delicious snack that can be eaten at any time. One easy tip in this gluten free biscotti recipe is to use whole almonds rather than toasted almonds. You will bake the biscotti twice, which will eliminate the need to toast the almonds.
Ingredients used in this gluten free biscotti recipe:
- 8 oz. or 2 cups Whole almonds
- 1 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- The first step in this gluten free biscotti recipe is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ground 1 cup of almonds with a food processor and combine them with the rest of the whole almonds, cinnamon, cornmeal, cornstarch and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl begin whisking an egg until it's foaming. Add the sugar, honey, butter, vanilla and continue to whisk thoroughly.
- In this step of the gluten free biscotti recipe, you will need to make your dough. Add the dry ingredient mixture from your first bowl into the egg mixture that you just completed. Stir until a stiff dough is formed.
- Spread the dough into your 9 inch square pan, and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the biscotti cool for 5 minutes. After the 5 minute period, you need to remove the biscotti from the pan and let it cool entirely. You must let it cool completely in this step of the gluten free biscotti recipe or the almonds will have a tough time toasting on the second bake.
- After cooling you need to cut into 3 x 9 inch strips, and slice each strip every ½ inch. Place the strips on your baking pan and back one more time for 15 minutes.
- The final step in this gluten free biscotti recipe is to remove the pan from the oven. Allow the biscotti to be completely cool after removing from the oven. After cooling you can package them in an air tight container to keep them fresh.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...