Gluten Free Biscuit Recipes
Living with a wheat allergy can be a challenge that is reduced by using gluten free biscuit recipes. Fortunately gluten free flour is readily available. These gluten free biscuits are dropped from a spoon and baked without rolling and cutting dough which makes them quick and easy to make.
To make gluten free biscuits, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 2 cups Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Soy or Sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ½ cup Butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/4 cups Soy Milk
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 egg
- Butter. The very first step is to place a stick of butter in the freezer to chill and get hard enough to grate. Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes and leave in the freezer until the moment it will be used in the Gluten free biscuit recipe.
- Prepare dry ingredients. Measure both types of flour, Xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and combine thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Prepare the wet ingredients. Beat the egg and add the water, vinegar, and soy milk and mix thoroughly in a separate bowl.
- Grate the butter. Remove the butter from the freezer. Use the smallest holes of a cheese grater to grate the frozen stick of butter into the flour mixture. Mix the flour and butter together with a wooden spoon.
- Make the gluten free biscuit dough. Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until all the flour is absorbed.
- Prepare to bake the gluten free biscuits. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use shortening or non stick spray to grease the baking pan. Using a large spoon, pick up a hefty spoonful of gluten free biscuit dough and drop the dough onto the greased baking sheet. Use a teaspoon to push the dough off the larger spoon onto the baking sheet. Bake the gluten free biscuits for 15 minutes until the top of the biscuits are light golden brown. Makes 16 gluten free biscuits.
- This recipe can be made with any type of gluten free flour.
- If you have an allergy to soy substitute soy milk with buttermilk.