Gluten Free Chicken Recipes
These gluten free chicken recipes are a good way to eat well while following your celiac diet. These chicken recipes may be gluten free but they are delicious and easy to make. Be sure all of the ingredients have no added gluten, especially in canned goods.
If you want to make creamy baked chicken, you will need:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup gluten free chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream, at room temperature
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Melt half of the butter in a skillet and brown the chicken on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the garlic to the pan. Then add the other half of the butter, mushrooms, onions and green pepper. Put the chicken back into the pan.
- Add the stock, thyme and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for one hour. Add the cream. Serve with rice.
If you want to make chicken chili, you will need:
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 8-ounce can of gluten free tomato sauce
- 1 16-ounce can red kidney beans
- Shred the chicken using two forks. In a skillet heat the canola oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic to the onions. Stir in the chicken, chili powder, cumin powder, tomato sauce and beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Add water if it becomes too thick.
If you want to make Italian chicken, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds of chicken pieces
- 1 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can 16-ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Brown the chicken in the skillet on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add the fresh vegetables to the pan. Sauté over medium heat for five minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in with the vegetables. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
If you want to make gluten free chicken nuggets, you will need:
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs, made from gluten free bread
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- Mix together bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Cut the chicken into nuggets. Dip the chicken in the melted butter and roll then roll in the crumbs.
- Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle the remaining butter over the nuggets. Bake at 350 degrees for a half hour.
To make roasted chicken salad with feta, you will need:
- 1 rotisserie chicken, removed from the bone and shredded
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- ½ pound feta cheese
- 1 tub cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pita chips
- Cut the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Spread the chicken over the lettuce. Sprinkle with feta cheese and tomatoes.
- Whisk the vinegar with the garlic and mustard. Add the olive oil in a stream until mixed thoroughly.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Break pita chips into pieces and sprinkle over the salad.