Gluten Free Cupcake Recipe
Looking for a gluten free cupcake recipe that kids and adults will relish with equal zeal? Here’s a gluten free lemon lover’s cupcake with tangy buttercream frosting that’s sure to add a spark of sunshine to the stormiest winter days. This easy recipe will yield 12 cupcakes in a preparation time of around 20 minutes. For birthdays, holidays or everyday fun, it’s the perfect gluten free cupcake recipe.
Here are the items you’ll need for this gluten free cupcake recipe:
- 12 cupcake baking pan
- Paper cupcake cups
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Wood toothpick
- Large bowl
- Fork (optional)
- Box of gluten free yellow or lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup water
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for the frosting recipe:
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grated white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat your oven. Place the rack in the middle slot of your oven then heat the oven to 350°F (175°C). By the time you complete the steps of this gluten free cake recipe, your oven will be warm enough for baking.
- Prepare the baking pan. Place the paper cups inside the cupcake pan compartments. Choose pink or green cups to add a splash of color to this gluten free cupcake recipe.
- Prepare the gluten free cupcake batter. Mix the gluten free cupcake recipe ingredients in a large bowl. Start by melting the butter in your microwave. Add the butter to the gluten free cake mix, water, eggs and lemon peel and mix the ingredients with your hand mixer set on low speed for 30 seconds, followed by medium speed for 2 minutes. If you don’t have a hand mixer, whisk the ingredients by hand for 5 minutes.
- Bake the gluten free cupcakes. Pour the gluten free batter into the papered cupcake pan. Place the pan on the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 18 to 23 minutes. By inserting a toothpick into the center of one cupcake you can determine if the gluten free cupcakes are ready. If the toothpick emerges moist, return the gluten free cupcakes to bake for a few minutes more; if the toothpick is dry, your cupcakes are ready.
- Prepare the cupcake frosting. To make the gluten free cupcake recipe a true delicacy, don’t miss out on adding this easy-to-make frosting. Once more melt the butter in your microwave then, in a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the melted butter, gradually adding the lemon juice and grated peel. Mix the ingredients with your hand mixer set on low for 2 minutes, or whisk by hand until the cupcake frosting turns silky smooth.
- Frost the gluten free cupcakes. Once the gluten free cupcakes have cooled for 30 minutes you can frost them. Create a rough smear of frosting by using a spatula, or smooth the frosting by first wetting your spatula with water. You can create streaks or indentations using a fork. Or simply sprinkle a little grated white chocolate as garnish on top.