Following is an easy, gluten free pancake recipe. For some with certain allergies, or for people who simply want to restrict their intakes of certain substances, gluten free recipes are wonderful, as certain grains like wheat are left out. Below is the gluten free pancake recipe.
What you'll need to make gluten free pancakes:
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour (made from rice flour, corn starch, soy flour, and masa harina)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup soy or cow milk
- 2 tbsp. melted margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pinch of salt
- First, In a large bowl, combine the gluten free all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir all of this around in the bowl. Crack the eggs, and add both of them to the bowl with the mixed dry ingredients.
- Then, pour in about one cup of milk. Whisk everything around in the bowl for a few minutes. Even when it appears smooth and uniform in consistency, this batter may have flour clumps in it which should be broken up before the pancakes are made.
- Stir in the rest of the milk until the right consistency is achieved. This should not be too runny, but wet enough to spread out after it is dropped into the skillet. Melt one of the teaspoons of margarine on a wide skillet over medium-high heat.
- Ladle a scoop (about three quarters of a ladle full) of batter onto the skillet, and allow it to cook for about one minute on the first side. Then, flip it with the spatula, and cook it for about a minute on the second side, until it is done. Set the pancake aside on a plate.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the batter, buttering the skillet when necessary with the remaining margarine, and serve and eat the gluten free pancakes when you are finished!
Following the above gluten free pancake recipe is easy. The resulting pancakes are delicious, and devoid of certain grains, making for a healthier, more satisfying breakfast. Serve these with syrup, margarine, or other breakfast foods.