Gluten Free Pasta Recipe
Pasta is great for a quick meal and this gluten free pasta recipe is a great addition to anyone's list of favorite meal time dinners. Using gluten free pasta made from corn, rice or quinoa can be just as tasty as pasta made from wheat. In this gluten free pasta recipe, you will be making delicious pasta with eggs, bacon, cheese and yogurt.
Ingredients for this gluten free pasta recipe:
- 3 oz gluten free pasta of your choice
- 1/2 small onion
- clove of garlic
- 1 or 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare your ingredients by chopping the onion, garlic and bacon very finely. Add your cooking oil to the saucepan and heat the oil on the stove top.
- In this step of the gluten free pasta recipe you need to add your ingredients to the saucepan. Add the bacon, onion and garlic to the heated oil in the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil in a separate pot and then add the gluten free pasta to the boiling water. Follow the directions on the pasta packaging for cook time.
- In a separate mixing bowl you will need to add an egg, then whisk in the yoghurt and grated cheese.
- After the pasta has finished cooking you will need to drain the pasta using a strainer. It's best to use a strainer that has never been used with any wheat pasta products in this step.
- Add the pasta to your saucepan after draining in the strainer. Mix the pasta with your bacon and onion mixture thoroughly. Add the egg and cheese mixture to your pasta and fold it in together until the pasta is completely coated.
- Place your saucepan back on the stovetop on low heat setting and cook until the cheese begins to melt into the pasta and the egg begins to cook.
- In the final step of this gluten free pasta recipe you will need to season for taste and add more grated cheese to the pasta.