Gluten Free Shortbread Recipe
Here is a delicious gluten free shortbread recipe. This recipe will make a batch of gluten free shortbread cookies using less butter and substituting with more nut or almond flour. Help to honor the month of the cookie by using this gluten free shortbread recipe to make a delightful batch of cookies.
Ingredients needed to begin this gluten free shortbread recipe:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Italian chestnut flour (or replace with more almond flour)
- 1/4 brown rice flou
- 1/4 cup rice flour + extra for dusting
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. guar gum
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Nuts of your choice for topping cookies
- Powdered sugar for dusting top of cookies
- First step in this gluten free shortbread recipe is to align the cookie sheet on your pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a container and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your sugar and butter to your mixer, blend until creamy.
- Continue to add the dry mixture, egg and vanilla to your mixer of creamy butter. Slowly blend the dry mixture in separately for this gluten free shortbread recipe.
- Refrigerate the dough you just made for 20 minutes. After the 20 minute time period, you need to press some dough into a tablespoon and level off any excess.
- Carefully remove the cookie dough from the tablespoon and place them on the cookie sheets. This gluten free shortbread recipe calls for you to have a spacing of 2 inches between each cookie or 12 cookies per sheet.
- Use a normal size drinking glass to press down on each mound of cookie dough to form round disc shapes. Press an almond into the center of your disk shape cookie dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from your oven.
- Remove the cookies from the pan and add them to your serving platter to cool.