Gluten Free Waffle Recipe
Learn about gluten free waffle recipe to make a delicious breakfast item that is healthy. Gluten free is a term that is bandied about lately. All it means is the food that is called gluten free contains no gluten. Gluten is a protein that is found in many grains like wheat, barley, and rye. Some people cannot tolerate gluten, this condition is called celiac disease. These people must eat a gluten free diet. For a go-to recipe, try these gluten free waffles.
To make gluten free waffle recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- bowl with spout, if possible
- waffle iron
- Mix all of the ingredients. Pour all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Use a whisk or slotted spoon to incorporate all of the ingredients. You may want to beat the eggs separately first to ensure they are well incorporated with you add them to the rest of the waffle recipe.
- Use a bowl with a spout. If you have one, use a mixing bowl with a spout. The spout makes it easy to pour the gluten free waffle batter into the waffle iron.
- Pour the gluten free waffle recipe into the waffle iron. Be sure to use the right amount to fill your waffle iron so there is not too much batter. Your waffle iron should have instructions for how much batter to use per waffle.
- Freeze extra waffles. If you have extra gluten free waffles, freeze them in a freezer bag to eat later. Just toast a frozen waffle like you would a frozen waffle from the store.