Going away is always painful, but it can be a new beginning as well—here are some of the best quotes about going away. Everyone leaves something or someone at some point in life, whether it’s heading off to college, ending a relationship, moving to a new town or job. Everyone faces it at one point, happy or sad, and each time, hopefully, it is a lesson learned.
- "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand." – This Irish Blessing is a common quote used in reference to people leaving. It’s a blessing, meant to help people on the new journey they are taking and is a perfect going away quote.
- "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." – This going away quote by Garrison Keillor is simple and too the point. And yet, at the same time, it’s incredibly touching.
- "Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same." – A stunning going away quote by Flavia Weedn, it can be found on several cards and journals. It’s a statement to the affect another person can have on a person’s life and how their going away can leave a lasting affect, good or bad.
- "Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." – Kahlil Gibran is known for many incredible quotes on multiple subjects. It’s hard to separate love and going away as they are so closely intertwined and this going away quote says it all.
- "Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened." –Theodor Seuss Geisel gave us this great going away quote. It reminds us to value everything that has left, or at least, the lesson that it taught us.
- "I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite." – G.K. Chesterton gives us this going away quote, that for once has nothing to do with love or people and everything to do with business and making our own decisions.
- "Not all those who wander are lost." – This J.R.R. Tolkien going away quote is a reminder to always remember that everyone is on their own journey. We are playing the same role in their lives that they are playing in ours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?