Golf: How To Break 80
If you are trying to figure out how to break 80 in a game of golf, than you have come to the right place! Breaking 80 is a very hard task, but is definitely something that can be achieved if you pour your heart and soul into it.
- Walk the Links. If you want to break 80 in a game of golf, you need to be in shape. Leave your golf cart at home and actually walk the entire course. This will improve your stamina, so that your game does not fall off as you progress throughout the course. Exercising on a daily basis in a gym is also a great way to keep yourself in shape, while improving your golf game.
- Practice. While this does not only apply to golf, practice makes perfect. If you are looking to break 80 in a game of golf, you need to practice on a daily to weekly basis, even if you practice in your home. You can purchase a home driving range and/or home putting green so that you can get some quick practice in throughout the day.
- Visualization. This may sound silly, but visualization will go a long way if you want to break 80 in a game of golf. After each round, take a few moments to replay each hole in your mind. You will probably be able to pick up a few things that you did wrong, whether it was being in an incorrect stance or swinging improperly.
- Handle. Having a comfortable handle on your golf club is key if you want to break 80 in a game of golf. If you are not comfortable when holding your golf club, your entire golf outing will not go well. You want a handle and putter that feels natural in your hands. Your thumbs should be on the surface of the putter.
- Speed of the Greens. Every golf course is going to play differently. If you want to break 80 in a game of golf, you will need to play a few rounds to get a feel for that specific golf course. If the greens are playing slowly, the head of the putter you are using should be fairly heavy. If the greens are playing fast, the head of the putter should be a lot lighter, in terms of weight.
Posted on: May. 03, 2010