Good acoustic songs exist in many genres of music, from rock to reggae. An acoustic song is a song entirely performed without electrical or electronic instruments. A good acoustic song is a catchy tune that has a solid singing, good lyrics, and good composition.
- "Yesterday" (1965): A famous acoustic song about a relationship breakup by the Beatles, "Yesterday" is a lament of regret sung in a woeful style by band member Paul McCartney. The song was recorded by the Beatles using only an acoustic guitar, with a quartet of string musicians added later.
- "Landslide" (1975): A classic and good acoustic song by Fleetwood Mac, "Landslide" was written by lead singer Stevie Nicks at a time she was at a crossroads in her life and felt like everything was falling apart. The original recording of "Landslide" mainly used guitar and pianos.
- "Layla" (1992) Eric Clapton's electric ode to a woman he couldn't have when he was part of Derek and the Dominoes in the 70s, "Layla" was updated by Clapton to a good acoustic song in 1992 during his MTV Unplugged performance. The acoustic version of the song was released on an album following his performance and only uses acoustic instruments, including a guitar.
- "Wish You Were Here" (1975): Pink Floyd's definitive acoustic hit, "Wish You Were Here" was partly inspired by the mental problems of former band member Syd Barrett. The main instrument used on the song is the acoustic guitar, with more than one playing different parts of the song.
- "Redemption Song" (1980): A good acoustic song from Bob Marley and the Wailers, "Redemption Song" is a bare, touching piece of music written by Bob Marley as he came to terms with his diagnosis of cancer. Only Marley's voice and an acoustic guitar was used on the recording of the song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.